Visit "the Switzerland of Vidzeme" - Sigulda
- Duration - about 5 hours.
- Explore the beautiful countryside of Latvia.
- Gauja river National park!
- Castles, caves, churches, bobsleigh track and many more
- Price from 60 Eur per person
Sigulda is situated on a picturesque stretch of the ancient Gauja river valley. Because of the reddish Devonian sandstone, which forms steep rocks and caves on both banks of the river, Sigulda has been called “the Switzerland of Vidzeme”. This is the only place in Latvia where at the beginning of 13th century three medieval castles were built 1.5 km apart from each other. Nowadays you can see romantic ruins of Sigulda old castle and one reconstructed Medieval castle of Turaida, a cave and many old churches. Also you will visit Bobsleigh road and view the beautfull Gauja river valley.
- Tour guide
- Comfortable Private transport(mini van or other)
- Latvian country side and perfectly spent time
- Entrance fee in castles and museum of about 7 eur per person
Meeting place is entrance into St Peters church